The Grand Council occurred in the year 367 AC, during the Fourth Moon of Spring. Following the death of Queen Daenerys Targaryen, Grand Maester Ronnel Arryn called the Realm to a council at Harrenhal, hosted by Lord Artys Baelish. The question of inheritance would be posed to the lord and ladies of Westeros. Candidates included the daughter of the late Queen's second son Alysanne Targaryen, the late Queen's bastard son Valarr Targaryen, and Lord Lyonel Baratheon.
Representatives from the Seven Kingdoms gathered at the old castle Harrenhal.
- The North: Roose Bolton, Alysanne Karstark, Karla Cerwyn, Maggie Mormont, Rogar Ryswell
- Dorne: Olyvar Martell, Arthur Dayne, Cerenna Blackmont
- The Iron Islands: Torric Greyjoy
- The Reach: Alester Tyrell, Mina Redwyne, Loras Hightower
- The Riverlands: Liane Tully
- The Stormlands: Lyonel Baratheon
- The Vale: Jasper Arryn
- The Westerlands: Gerion Lannister
The Small Council was also in attendance.
The Grand Council Edit
There were three claimants to the Iron Throne.
- Lyonel Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. He was a legitimate heir, whose great-great-great grandmother was Rhaelle Targaryen, sister of King Jaeherys II.
- His known supporters included: Leo Tyrell
- Alysanne Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone. She was a legitimate heir, the daughter of Aegor Targaryen, the late Queen's second son.
- Valarr Targaryen, Prince of Summerhall. He was revealed to be legitimized at the Council by written decree of the late Queen. He was her son by an unknown father.
- His known supports included: Tristan Swann, Edgar Blackmont, Lyonel Baratheon, Joer Cerwyn
Torric Greyjoy and the Ironborn left the Grand Council before deliberations could take place. On the first night, a Feast was held, where many lord and ladies interacted (Feast of Harrenhal).
At the Grand Council itself, supporters and claimants gave their speeches (The Grand Council of 367). Lyonel Baratheon eventually renounced his claim. All was thrown into chaos when Lord Commander of the Queensguard Luthor Tyrell attempted to bypass the Council and crown Alysanne Targaryen with the crown of her grandmother. The Hand of the King Jasper Arryn called for the Gold Cloaks to arrest him for treason.
Lannister men, Baratheon men, and Tully men immediately fled Harrenhal. The Dornish stood with the Reachmen. During the standoff, Alysanne announced that she would rule with Valarr as husband and wife. Viserys Velaryon agreed to break their betrothal.
Luthor Tyrell ordered Ser Lucas Caswell of the Queensguard to escape with the Princess. A battle erupted soon after, five against ten. Six of ten Gold Cloaks were slain while on the other side, the Queensguard had lostSer Gerold Blackwood and Ser Oberyn Qorgyle. The surviving rebels were Lord Alester Tyrell, Ser Luthor Tyrell, and Ser Igorn Vyrwel. They escaped.