|A Battle of Faith|
|Part of The War that Never Was|
|Forces of the Faith||Defenders of the Throne|
| High Septon|
Ser Corlys Sunglass
| Lord Ardrian Celtigar|
| Faith Militant
Forces loyal to Houses Buckwell, Massey and Wendwater
| Forces loyal to the Throne
Forces loyal to House Baratheon
Forces loyal to Houses Celtigar, Rykker, Brune, Bar Emmon, Hayford, Staunton
Undetermined amount of soldiers and guardsmen House Arryn
|Undetermined|| Lucas Caswell+ |
[WORK IN PROGRESS]
|“||[The High Septon] claims himself King on the grounds of the words of a shameful coward and denies me my claim on ground that his comes before blood.||”|
A Battle of Faith was a major conflict occuring in Queen's Landing during the first moon of 368 AC. It was a conflict fought between forces loyal to the faith, and the High Septon and a defense initiated by Ardrian Celtigar and Lyonel Baratheon.
Upon receiving news of the kidnapping of Alysanne Targaryen, King Valarr Targaryen entered a fit of rage ending with the death of three members of his Kingsguard. Shortly after, Valarr arrived at the docks of Queen's Landing with the intent to sail for Dragonstone. At this time, forces led by the High Septon arrived and demanded that Valarr organize the rescue party for his betrothed. Upon refusing, the High Septon demanded that Valarr abdicate the throne, to which Valarr agreed. Shortly after, troops led by Ardrian Celtigar arrived, in hopes to save the King and prevent his act of cowardice. Lord Celtigar was unsuccessful, and after failed negotiations with the High Septon, chaos ensued in the capital. Valarr Targaryen surrendered the Throne to the High Septon, surrendered his prized Valayrian Steel Sword to Celtigar, and made way to flee Westeros for good.
Initial Conflict Edit
- Arryns, Baratheon, Royce, Blackwater, reconvene in the Ashen Keep.
- Royce fails to send a message to the Gold Cloaks to order them to seal the gates to the capital.
- Ardrian Celtigar, after being hassled by the Warrior's Sons, manages to return to the Ashen Keep. He sends a warrior in advance, armed with Dragon's Call to warn the members of the Small Council.
- Poor Fellows and Warrior's Sons begin to return to the city.
- Movement of the Baratheon Host/GC outside the city.
- Lord Kayl Rykker is sent to acquire the loyalty of the Crownlords, numbering 19,000 soldiers at the time
- Lyonel Baratheon's terms, delivered by Lord Ardrian Celtigar, are rejected by the High Septon
- Golden Company, though initially loyal to defecting Master of Coin, Ser Bronn Blackwater, enters the battle on the side of the Throne
- The loyalties of the Crownlords camping near Queen's Landing are split, leaving Houses Buckwell, Massey and Wendwater join the High Septon, and Houses Celtigar, Rykker, Brune, Bar Emmon, Hayford, Staunton join Lyonel Baratheon